Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Buffet Dinner Etiquette

Hi All - I'd like to get your opinion about buffet dinners. If I'm having one buffet station and 150 guests, how do you go about letting people get their food? Do you have the DJ announce tables 1-5, it's your turn to get the food or do you let people stand in line at their own leisure? My concern with the latter is that the lines will get too long. What have you done in the past that worked or do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Re: Buffet Dinner Etiquette

• rad3585rad3585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ says he usually goes to each table and dismisses them to the buffet, instead of announcing it over the microphone. He says that way it doesn't interrupt conversations and doesn't seem so cafeteria-like.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, our DJ went around to each table to release them. He used that time to introduce himself and let people know if they had any requests to just ask.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I like having someone go table to table to let them go.

On an additional note, if you only have one station, make sure people can go up both sides of it to faciliate speed.
  • edited December 2011
    The wedding that I was at this past weekend had a server go to each table and tell them when they could get up to get the food. It worked really well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards