Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Help.. Fall Wedding Cupcake Ideas..

Hello. I am considering cupcakes on a tier stand for my October 1, 2011 wedding. Anyone do cupcakes for there wedding or have any ideas?? Is it cheaper than wedding cake?? Or has anyone did cake & cupcakes? Please let me know. Thank you. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help.. Fall Wedding Cupcake Ideas..

• Options
    hdblainehdblaine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married on October 28, 2011. I decided to do a cupcake tree with the top tier being a cake for us to cut. I think I am going to do spice cake cupcakes with a creamcheese frosting. I just started looking into prices, so i can't really help ya there.
  • Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your area, but here in Seattle, mini-cupcakes are a big trend and they usually cost between $1.00-1.50 per cupcake, usually planning on people having 3 for a serving. Cakes, in contrast, go for between $4-7 per serving, of course depending on where you go. I'd say to price out both options, and keep your eyes open for out-of-the-box ideas. My FI and I are having a local baker that specializes in cheesecakes make individual mini-cheesecakes instead of having a cake or cupcakes. We can still do the whole tower, and we're having a cutting cake, but the people we've told about this are so excited! :-) I'm sure you'll find something amazing for your wedding! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      Prices vary a lot. It will cost us less to have cupcakes. We are doing several varieties of cupcakes with a small cake for us to cut. Check with the bakery to see how much both are. Around me cakes start at $2.75 a slice or $3.50 a slice if it's covered in fondant. Cupcakes go for about $1.50 each. Also check with your reception venue to see if they charge a cake cutting fee or if they'll charge you to set up a cupcake display.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married Oct 16th and we choose to do a mix of mini and regular sized cupcakes, minis are $1 and regular are $2.50. Especially being able to choose what kind you want will allow your guests to have something they like, we are going to mix in a few different types as well.
    BFP#1Apr.11-M/C BFP#2Aug.11-M/C BFP#3Oct.30-M/C HSG done-Looks good! SA done- awaiting results... BFP#4Dec.13-sticky baby sticky! BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to do cupcakes on a tower with a cake on top to cut.  Our wedding is on Oct 1st as well!  I like the idea of mising regular size with minis too, I am going to ask about this.  We will probably do 3 flavors.Cool  Have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards