Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Dessert Reception for Fall

We are getting married next October, and have decided on a dessert reception.

If we could have some fall-like desserts for the reception, that would be great!

So far, we've thrown around these ideas:
Fruit with fruit dip
Cheesecake dip with graham crackers
A type of smores-like a smores cup or bite
Chocolate covered pretzels
Lemon Bars- my fav
Chocolate chip cookes- groom's fav.

Would this amount be suffice or do we need to change/add anything?

Re: Dessert Reception for Fall

• I like your ideas so far.  Some more "fall" items:
    Spice cake
    Pumpkin cookies (or cake or bars or cheesecake)
    Apple crisp

What time is your wedding?  Make sure you are not at a meal time, if so, you need to have a meal and not just dessert.  
  • Some more ideas:

Maple-spice cupcakes
    Apple slices with caramel dip or apple-caramel tartlets
    There are some great pumpkin cream-cheese dip recipes online -- amazing with gingersnaps! (or apple slices or graham crackers)
    Miniature popcorn balls

Even for a dessert reception, you may want to consider having a few savory items -- cheese and crackers, spinach-artichoke dip, veggie trays, Chex mix, something like that -- to balance all the sweetness, and in case any of your guests have sugar-tolerance issues.

Oh, and hot cider!  :)
  • I vote for anything pumpkin or apple flavored! And I agree about having some savory items to cut all the sweet.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd add some spinach/artichoke dip and a cheese platter.  Nothing crazy, but just a little something savory for folks (like me!) who don't really care for sweets. I love your sweets ideas. I think a spicy apple cider would be great too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards