Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Candy & Cake?

We're having a "candy bar" at our wedding for our favors which will be a huge selection of candy for our guests to choose from and take home.  Do you think cake too would just be an overload on sugar? 

Re: Candy & Cake?

• Options
    sandradpagesandradpage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing both...i dont think it is...but cake and candy are two of my favorite things, i personnly cant imagine not having a wedding cake!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also can't imagine a wedding, esp mine, without cake. We are having our cake as desert. Then the buffet to take home.
  • Options
    yankslovr32yankslovr32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were actually talking about having a candy bar for our favors as well. I don't think it would be too much, because that's what they're taking home, they can have something sweet in the mean time =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing our candy bar for favors and the cake! I don't think it would be too much sugar, but if one of your guests does they don't have to eat the cake and/or they can save their candy from the candy bar for later!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cake & candy should be fine. My husband's cousin did that. The candy bar is more of a favor then a dessert option to cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My opinion is, you need a wedding cake at a wedding. Its one of those traditional things you will regret not having.
  • Options
    CurucuCurucu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can skip the cake if you want, but you might regret it.  Its the traditional photo op.  Not to mention, Grandma and Grandpa (and maybe others) would probably rather a slice of cake.  Perhaps scale back the candy bar and have a small cake?  Best of both worlds?
  • Options
    apayne29058apayne29058 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're having a candy buffet and cake as well. I bought little hot pink drawstring bags to put the candy in. i was thinking of having cookies as favors too but we'll have to see if we have enough time and money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a wedding! Sugar overload is allowed. I too, think you'll regret not having a cake.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having both at my wedding and I dont think its an overload on sugar.... And if it is for other ppl, it would be fun to see everybody hyper lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards