Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Publix

Anyone tried or know the cost vs. other bakeries

Re: Publix

• edited December 2011
    Don't know cost, but they do make a wonderful cake!  I had vanilla with raspberry filling and buttercream icing...it was soooo good!
  • Stiney358Stiney358 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got her wedding cake from there. It was a few 100 but it was HUGE and awesome. It was the yellow with rasberry filling. I wish we could have a cake from Publix but we're getting married in Mass. and there are no Publix. :(
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It's all going to depend on your local store and their staff for what you're wanting.  You don't get as much design control as if you were to go to a bakery and design the cake.  There are also things like setting up the cake that you need to factor in.  Also, make sure you're comparing apples to apples when determining the price of the cake.  Many big box stores use a 1x1x3 slice as their average slice, but most bakeries use a 1x2x4-5 slice or larger.  It's the what are you getting for the money factor, so do your geometry! (yes, there really is a use for it in life)...Also, if you call up most bakeries and ask "How much is a wedding cake for 200" it's going to be a lot different price than if you go in and meet with them to work out a design within your budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards