Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake flavors

I've been baking cakes lately and am curious what flavors of cake and frosting you're ordering?I'm doing a sponge cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream frosting.

Re: Cake flavors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds so yummy, esp. for summer!! I personally prefer whipped frosting to buttercream. These are our wedding cake flavors: bottom tier- white cake infused with almond flavor with almond cream cheese & strawberry fillings, 2nd tier- devil's food cake with caramel buttercream filling, 3rd tier- devil's food again with peanut butter filling (almost like in a reese's) & top tier- marble cake with cookies & cream filling
  • Options
    sweet-nesssweet-ness member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This may be boring, but carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is one of my favorite flavors. FI goes nuts for red velvet cake, so we may be doing that, as well. We haven't ordered our cakes yet, but I love cake!
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was half chocolate w/ raspberry filling, half carrot.  Cream cheese frosting. It was delicious!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We tried so many exotic and delicious varations of cake and filling at our bakery (to name a few-lemon cake with blueberry filling & sunshine orange with bavarian cream filling), but we ultimately chose white cake with fresh raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. I know, it's boring, but we were just amazed with the fresh raspberry filling!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing one layer vanilla w/ raspberry filling, another layer red velvet w/ cream cheese flavor and the smallest layer will be a coconut cake with chocolate ganache filling.  I would have chose banana (it's my favorite) but our cake lady didn't offer it :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We doing the top and bottom layer chocolate with chocolate gnash filling. The middle layer is banana with cream cheese filling, and the frosting on the whole thing is vanilla buttercream.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am talking to her today...I want one layer of Key Lime cake w/cheesecake fillingthe next as choc of some type w/peanut butter filling...yumFla beach wedding so that is why the key lime!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards