Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Serving the cake

We have to rent plates, chairs, forks and etc... The cater will clean the dishes to be sent back tot the company.Should we rent cake platesBuy faux cake plates from smarty had a partyorBox/ Bag the cake and have the people take it home???
Anniversary
161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1

Re: Serving the cake

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    OR...Go to Sam's and get their clear dessert plates (they're a sturdier plastic) and nicer plastic forks... They'll get the job done without costing you a fortune! ($30 tops)  If your guests want to take their slice home with them they can or have it later in the evening, and possibly your caterer won't charge you anything extra for the dishwasher if you were to go real on the dessert plates.OR...Go to Sam's and get clamshells to box up the cake slices for guests to take home for $11...  It really is up to you to decide what makes the most sense for your budget.  This is one area that if you don't go with china service no one is going to really get on or notice.  OTOH, I have been to weddings where their dessert china plates are 2" too small for the slice of cake to be placed on it...
  • edited December 2011
    I am having china for the mean but purchased plastic plates and forks for the cake. We also have personalized cake napkins. I dont have a Sams membership so I went through staples.com and they had some cute Solo plates that had a design on them in my wedding colors and then some plastic fork. I had the shipped to a local store for free. The Plates and Forks for 200 people cost less than $20.00. The napkins were a bit more... but those were an added extra
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards