Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Balls omfgbbq!!!

Just came back from a bridal show, they had a cake ball display and holy hell those things are AMAZING! and I don't even LIKE cake! 
anyone else had a religious experience with these things? I can't be the only one! 
Good thing I'm not set on a bakery yet so I can do this for my grooms cake 
had to share. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Balls omfgbbq!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They are really good.

Really, the only reason I am posting is to say I love the cake you posted above!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend gave me a Halloween gift bag with some cake balls (or cake truffles) that she had made last fall, and I've been hooked since then!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are REALLY easy to make too..
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah I love them :) I've made them a couple times and my sister and I plan on making them together real soon.  We like to do red velvet ones...... GAH they are so tasty!  And fun!
    panther
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They're insanely delicious!! We're thinking about DIYing them!
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I had to google it, but I'm excited by this prospect.

I love the pictures of the cake balls stacked into tiered-cake shape and I don't know why.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    ChrisG83ChrisG83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh I too had to google to see what it is and I wish I had a reason to order them now. Maybe I will just because...
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are really easy to make!  I used to work in a bakery.  We would take cake, crumble it, and mix it with cream cheese frosting and roll them into balls (or any shape really).  Once they set we dipped them into choclate and let it harden.  They are very rich but totally delicious!  My favorites were lemon flavored because they weren't as rich as chocolate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only had DIY ones.  But yes very yummy.  I'm using the same concept of the cake pops to make smore pops for my wedding but of course we need a trial run first.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards