Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

donut tower?

I'm not a traditional bride and am not interested at all in doing a wedding cake.  Has anyone been to a wedding that had a donut tower instead? 

Re: donut tower?

• topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, but it sounds interesting!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, but I want to! That sounds really fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen it done, personally, but I love the idea.

I googled images of it and they look delicious!
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen a donut tower, but I was at a wedding where they had an informal reception in the church basement before going to the formal reception site.  They had a cream puff cake that was cool!  Very yummy too...see pic below :)
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrabinmrabin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! A friend of mine had a Krispy Kreme donut tower as a wedding cake. Just google "Krispy Kreme wedding cake" and you will find TONS of pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    When my brother and sis-in-law got married, they did a traditional bridal cake (with sheet cakes to serve the guests)  ... and a Krispy Kreme grooms cake with my brother's favorite donut -- chocolate covered, kreme filled!

It was yummy.  Instead of turning it into some sort of tower, we just put the donuts on a tiered serving tray - I think it had 4 or 5 tiers on it and a decorative pole going through the middle so it mimicked a cake, in a way.  GREAT option for an alternative to wedding cake.  Had additional boxes in front and stored behind for the caterers to get out as needed for serving the guests. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards