Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Menu Question

We are having a buffet style dinner, with 3 types of entres, a pasta station and some veggies. My question, is a menu card necessary at each place setting? Or is just having things labeled on the buffet enough?
Thanks for your help!

Re: Menu Question

• Options
    moozumumoozumu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think buffet cards indicating each dish will be best ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have a larger sign at the beginning of the buffet line, I like to know whats to the end so I can save room on my plate for it, but menu cards at each place setting is a little overkill.
  • Options
    cquinn27cquinn27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with PP- no need for menu cards!
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a buffet menu and instead of doing individual menus at each place setting we are doing one menu per table so while guests are waiting to go to the buffet they can get an idea of what options will be available to them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you absolutely need a large sign indicating the menu before the line. the worst part of buffets is skipping something bc you're waiting for something better, then there isnt anything better and your plate is half empty. menus on each seat is real overkill, its really only necessary for tableside ordering weddings.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a casual beach themed wedding, so we are putting the menu on a large chalkboard at the beginning of the buffett line.  Just a thought!
  • Options
    felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the big sign idea, or what about one menu posted per table?  Maybe a card with your table number and under it the menu.  that way everyone can share???  but I like the big sign idea better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the big signs at the beginning of the line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards