Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

St. Louis Cardinals-themed cake toppers??

Hello,

I am the MOH for my bestie's upcoming wedding (April, 2012) and...yeah, I need help. This was something that just came to my mind as I was texting her this morning. 

The couple are fans of St. Louis Cardinals baseball, and I thought it'd be genius if they had that motif incorporated to the cake. However, in my search, I was only able to find a couple: groom dragging the bride, and I was not a fan. And if I know my bestie and the fellow bridesmaids, it's penguin'd...it's not gonna fly, lol. Another one was one from Precious Moments line (which I'm a huge fan of PM), but it won't fit the couple as they are interracial. There was another alternative I found where a custom cake topper could be made...but it's $300.

^^
 I may go for this one if I can get the bridal party to pitch in, but I wanted opinions and other suggestions. And I may need a lot as the bride is easy-going and can be indecisive...which will make my job a tiny bit on the difficult side. So, thanks in advance for the help and any advice you can give is much appreciated. God bless you all and hope to hear from you soon.

Re: St. Louis Cardinals-themed cake toppers??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ^^
    Thanks for responding. I didn't tell her as it did just literally pop in my head. I may have to at this point to let her in on the idea and see if she and FI will agree (they are both pretty care-free, but then again, you never know). And as for the etsy suggestion, thank you. I will look into it.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I planned our wedding down to every detail. His sisters-in-law kept asking me if I wanted bubbles as we exited the church, I think they thought this was great from their own kid's weddings. I did NOT want this and told them 3-4 times whenever they asked. They didn't do it, but I would have been furious if they had.

We are huge Detroit Tiger fans. If anyone had purchased a cake topper with a Tiger theme, I would have been really upset as that was not the direction we were going in.

Before you consider doing a massive search and spending a lot of money on something they may really not want, I'd rethink it. Maybe go to mlb.com and look around for actual things they might like, such as jerseys or t-shirts commemorating the championship. For a similar amount of money you could get them personalized jerseys with Mr X and Mrs X (substituting their last names), maybe picking a number like their wedding date or something. This would be a gift, not something for their wedding, and I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot more and possibly wear them to games or on their HM.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is a huge TB Bucs fan and I found a great cake topper on bobbleheads.com they are pricey but it will be great for the grooms cake, but personally I wouldn't want it on the wedding cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards