Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

our dinner is family style....how to word rsvp cards if at all?

hi foodies!
i'm just getting into our invite design/wording, can i have your advice?

our dinner will be served family style with meat and vegetarian entree options.  we just want to make sure if guests have any special dietary concerns (vegan, allergies, whatnot) that we know ahead of time so the caterer can make them comfortable.

should we assume that people will just tell us this, or do we need to encourage them to do so on the rsvp card?

and if we need to include a blurb on the rsvp card what should it say?  any time i've tried to phrase it, it sounds weird.

thanks knotties! :)

Re: our dinner is family style....how to word rsvp cards if at all?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "A dinner reception will immediately follow the ceremony."

"A dinner reception will immediately follow the ceremony.  Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements."

OR on the response card:

M
    M

Yes____ No _____  Dietary requirements? ______________________
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know on the back of this card."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks!  i just realized maybe i should have posted this on the invites board, sorry!  thanks for the answers though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wording above would be appropriate. From my experience, if someone has special dietary needs, they will write it on the response card or call/email the couple without being prompted. If someone truly has an allergy, they know the drill. I've already had my friend's dad make sure to let us know he's allergic to onions via phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards