Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Late Night Snack Ideas

So I'm thinking about adding a snack towards the end of the reception for the people who stay late to dance and drink. I would not being going through my caterer for this, just DIYing it. I'm looking for fun, inexpensive ideas for what I could serve. I'm thinking it will mostly likely just be for our friends, since most of our family will probably split earlier in the evening. Therefore, I just want it to be casual and yummy. I would serve them around 10ish. Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Late Night Snack Ideas

• edited December 2011
    Little cute bags of popcorn? Different flavors? That could be fun!
    Does your venue allow you to bring outside food?
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brownies, cookies, cupcakes, donuts...
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Order pizza :D

That's what we are doing. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    since we are having a weekend wedding and everyone is spending the night we also are doing a late night snack stuff, there will be a smore bar with homemade marshmallows for sweets and we are also will have a platter of sandwich wraps, like chicken salad, roast beef, egg salad, veggie wrap to please everyone who wants some food . :) but since everyone is spending the night im also making baskets with snacks like granola bars, wheat thins, waters and other goodies plus i figured late night snacks will help people soak up some of the drinks that will be consumed
  • edited December 2011
    Donuts. Malasadas.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing BBQd hot dogs and sausages out on the patio along with fruit trays, dessert squares, and cake-serving.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the pizza idea! Especially after a night of drinking and dancing! Sounds perfect.
  • HaylaCHaylaC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    around here bacon sandwichess always go down well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where I live sliders and milkshake shots are popular.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen people do mini hotdogs, mini corn dogs, sliders, pizza, soft pretzels with cheese sauce, a nacho bar and small sandwiches.
  • edited December 2011
    Love the ideas! thanks! Yes, the venue does their own catering but also allows outside food, kinda of unique that they do that but awesome for us! The only issue that I'm running into is that it would have to be something that we wouldn't have to cook, I actually just thought about that reading the ideas. If we brought in our own food it would need to be probably that was finished and ready to go when it got there. I don't really want to make someone from the wedding party go and work in the kitchen to serve late night snacks lol. I love the popcorn idea, and the sweets like brownies and stuff. I also LOVE the pizza idea, thats awesome. I'm thinking maybe a trip to Costco is in order. :) Thanks again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We served pizza also and I ate more of that than my dinner! 

I would stay away from sweets, IMO, b/c it's not really soomething "substancial" for drunk people.
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're hopefully going to do s'more's as the favor and then have a bonfire going at the end so people can actually make them if they'd like!  That will double as our late night snack.  Yummm!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the popcorn or pizza suggestions!  We are definitely wanting to do a late-night snack.  We're leaning toward ordering pizza or McDonald's cheeseburgers.  We went to a wedding where waiters came around at 11 with McDonald's cheeseburgers on silver platters and the guests went CRAZY!  Another friend of ours did cheeseburgers and placed an order with the closest burger place a week or so ahead of time.  One of the (sober) groomsmen went to pick up the burgers the night of the reception. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Popcorn, donut holes, beef jerky...go nuts!
  • HannasMOHHannasMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did popcorn in cute little cones.  I made a few flavors, sweet, salty, spicy, cheesy and they were a big hit.  We also did flavored sour dough pretzels and flavored nuts again some sweet some salty.  Yum!! Everyone loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    We had Buffalo wings w/ celery and blue cheese, BBQ meatballs, and assorted cookies. 

I have been to weddings that had mini burgers and mini sandwhiches - both were well recieved. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We will be ordering pizza as well for our late night snack. We figure its food for us in case we dont really get to eat the dinner and its an easy option with little to do other than grab a napkin and a slice.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    Mcdonalds french fries with dipping sauces will be available at ours...  Yummo
    True Love Knows No Bounds... Bryn
  • AshleyBolandAshleyBoland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing s'mores!
  • bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since you said you need things that are ready-to-go maybe cheese and crackers, cookies and brownies. that sort a thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The hotel my fiance and I are using offers late night coffee and tea.  Since they do hot water with tea bags, we were able to get hot chocolate included for free (since it uses the same hot water and add bags of powder).  To go with this as a late night snack, my fiance and I are making homemade cookies to go with the drinks.  We're using family and friend's recipes to make it more personalized and also recipes that we've made together throughout our relationship.  It's something super easy, fun and personalized.  We're serving them in various jars like our family member's cookie jars :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love these ideas!  My venue doesn't allow outside food so I need to add something and I am leaning towards sliders, fries and mini milkshake shots.  I was thinking instead of a candy bar doing a milk and cookie station later in the night.  We are doing a Sedona destination wedding and all our family is staying the weekend.  I know after an evening of dancing and drinking everyone will enjoy food.  Maybe I should have a sober friend run to Jack in the box for .99 cent tacos those are always a hit with my drunk friends! lol
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
    DH 45 ME 44

TTC #3 since 7/11 using OPK's and trying to figure out Fertility Friend! LOL
    DS #1 born on 7/20/87 DS#2 born on 1/19/96
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • edited December 2011
    cookies and milk :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Is there anything nearby that you and your fiance like to eat? We're getting married near a Sonic, and are thinking of having tater tots at the end of the night. Cute, greasy, yummy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards