Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cookie Station....

I  am thinking about having a cookie station at my summer wedding... What kind of cookies should I have? I am going for a Chic, Modern theme. HELP!!!!!!!

Re: Cookie Station....

• edited December 2011

Like PP said, you can't go wrong with chocolate chip. Maybe have half of the cookie dipped in chocolate?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Chocolate chip, sugar, oatmeal raisin, gingersnaps, peanut butter, shortbread. Maybe Girl Scout cookies (Thin Mints, Tagalongs, etc.) or name-brand (Oreos, Fudge Stripes, Chips Ahoy).

Ask on the Pittsburgh board, since cookie buffets are a regional tradition there. Those ladies can probably give you good suggestions, and maybe they share some photos.
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what constitutes a modern cookie, but I LOVE snicker-doodles. 
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No clue what a modern cookie is but guests will want familiar favorites. Some examples are sugar cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, Mexican wedding cakes (also called Russian tea cakes, etc) and the list goes on. You can serve as many varieties as you want. Bars are great too and considered to be a variation of cookies by most people.
  • edited December 2011
    can't go wrong with chocolate chip! I have no idea what a chic, modern cookie tray looks like, but I would go more for what guests will actually eat instead of just being fancy.
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had this awesome creme de menthe cookie recently... it tasted like a thin mint! 
    Married 4/30/11
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These Knotties had awesome ideas (definitely ask on the Pittsburgh local board). I think that any cookie above will be great, but making it modern will be all in what you serve the cookies on. Maybe you can scout Target for cool, modern-looking plates and cake stands.

Good luck and what a fun idea!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if yove have ever had a black and white cookie. They taste extremely delicious and look very modern.
    Being you are having a cookie station you can always just get sugar cookies and things to decorate and flavor up the cookies
    - frosting; chocholate chips; strawberries; m&ms in your wedding colors; melted chocolate; etc...

If you like the chocolate chip idea you can always get cookies made with m&ms in your wedding colors.

Or something that can be alot of fun and is off season so your guests will  appreciate it; is ordering a variety of girl scout cookies!!! Everyone loves them and they are usually unavailable in the summer!!! (just something else to consider)

Good luck and happy planning
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with black & white cookies, Oreo's, and cookies dipped in chocolate.  I'd also add white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  In regards to your modern theme, I agree presentation will make your theme.  Focus on the right serving platters, as well as the design and shape of your cookies.  If you're doing a logo like a fleur de lis on your monogram, you can have cookies in that shape.  Or you can have decorate your cookies with a graphic print, or in your wedding colors.  Good luck!
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • edited December 2011
    On more suggestion is to do a cookie flavor that matches the season you're getting married in.  For example, if you're a fall bride, do an apple spice or orange/cranberry flavor.  For summer, maybe some citrus flavored meringue cookies.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best part of the cookie table is variety (I'm from western PA, so as has been mentioned, it's a tradition at our weddings).  For my wedding reception in November I think we had at least 16 different kinds of cookies--everything from shortbread to pizzelles to nut rolls to chocolate chip to mini cheesecakes to lady locks (cream horns).  You also want to keep the cookies on the smaller side so that people can sample several different kinds--I'd say the average person took 5-6 cookies, and we provided bags so people could take some home.  My reception was in SW Ohio, and most of the guests had never seen anything like it and were really impressed.
  • edited December 2011
    This may be a little more "down home" than your style, but we are asking everyone that comes to the bridal shower (mostly neighbors and close family friends) to bake a few dozen cookies for our "cookie bar." It may not look as elegant, but I think the potluck style will ensure that everyone finds something they like! 
  • chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm Italian and my family is from PA, so a cookie bar is a must.  So far, I'm having italian wedding cookies, pizelles, buckeyes (we're in central Ohio now), lemon bars, and some more unique cookies from a local baker.  Members of my family are also baking cookies, which I think is super sweet.  We're buying lots of different clear glass plates and platters to display the cookies on.  We'll buy some "cake" stands so that we have different heights, too. I'm excited about it.

• rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I saw this in a mag and thought it was very cute:  Choc chip cookies with shot glasses of milk.

• nancybs2nancybs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Visit Bakerella on fb.  Amazing ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards