Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

David Tutera Cake Must find!

Has anyone seen the episode of "My Fair Wedding" with David Tutera where he helps a Brooklyn bride with her "White Diamon Wedding?" I am wanting to do a cake similar to the one seen on the episode, but I cannot find a picture of it anywhere.  The base of the cake layers have a "diamond" choker look to them.  If anyone knows where I can find the accent please respond! Thanks!!!!

Re: David Tutera Cake Must find!

• Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen the episode but my cake lady put a rhinestone ribbon like thing on a cake that she did.  It's small connected rhinestones that are about 5 high and come on a spool like ribbon...could that be it?  She said the bride ordered it online and it was about $10/yd.  Don't know if that helps much...
    me and my two men image
  • Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just googled rhinestone ribbon and rhinestone banding and a lot came up but what I'm seeing is more than $10/yd.  From just a minute of looking, shinetrim.com seems to have better prices than some but I'd think if you really search you could get it cheaper
    me and my two men image
  • mrslinnmrslinn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I couldn't think of rhinestone! haha CZ is all that kept coming to mind! I found some on a site that is reasonably priced! :)  Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards