Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

RSVP and final headcount

Silly question: did you turn in exactly how many RSVPs you received, or slightly more/less? We are having a buffet-style meal and I am interested to see what others have done and how it turned in!

TIA

Re: RSVP and final headcount

• We had a sit-down and gave the correct number. We had 10 no-shows/last minute cancellations which we had to pay for.      NBD, it's part of the territory when planning a party.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • For a buffet I would talk to your caterer. Do they normally make extra or do you have to order what you want them to make?

Our caterer doesn't normally do weddings (they are a university campus) so we had to tell them exactly how many of each thing we wanted. I think that most caterers make extra, but I would alk to them to make sure.

• We told our caterer our RSVP count and had a buffet.  We also had some no shows that we had to pay for, but that's part of throwing an event like this.  With the exception of the situation staar mentioned above, I would tell your caterer the exact number of people you expect based on RSVPs.
  • Our food is the most expensive part of our wedding so we plan to give an exact head count. Our caterer said they usually make extras. We are stressing to our guests through word of mouth how important it is to return their RSVPs if they plan to attend. I'm not worried about people who have to cancel for whatever reason but more about ones showing up that didn't RSVP and we didn't account for in our numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards