Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Cutting

What time are you girls cutting your cake?  After dinner or later?  If it's later what time?

Re: Cake Cutting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are eating around noon and will cut the cupcakes around 1:30pm.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are cutting ours shortly after the buffet line ends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People were too full after dinner, so we had a bit of dancing in between.  Our dinner was really late (started at 8:50), and cake cutting was at 10:30.  We actually moved it up from the venue's recommendation of 11:00.  It was pretty late, and some guests left before then, but there's no way we could have eaten the cake any sooner - everyone was stuffed.  If our reception had started earlier, it would have been more ideal, but with cocktail hour and dinner I still would have left at least half an hour before cutting the cake, preferably an hour.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're cutting our's right before dinner.  It's being served as dessert.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We cut ours not long after dinner was finished, served as dessert.
    Dinner was at 5:45 and I think we cut the cake around 7ish.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at the beginning of the reception, right before dinner started. That way we got to serve it for dessert.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on doing ours after dinner, or at least after the last of our guests gets through the buffet line.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still deciding when I want to do mine.  We are doing a really fun cake (halloween themed) and I've been to weddings that they've cut the cake right after dinner and I never even got to see the cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards