Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Grooms Cake... really bad bride!

I haven't even thought about the grooms cake until today.  What are you guys doing for your grooms cake?  Themes?  Are you having it at the rehearsal or reception?  I would like to think of a really creative theme but I am drawing a blank.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Grooms Cake... really bad bride!

• Options
    What is he in to?  Does he have a favorite team or movie?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2012
    We didn't have a grooms cake at all.

But as far as theme goes...what are his interests/hobbies.  If I had done one for my H it would have been a combination of a few things like Xbox, his supra, twizzlers, Baltimore Ravens, beer, etc.

You don't have to stick with one theme...you can always just incorporate some of his favorite things.

Edit:  Oh, and I would have had it at the rehearsal dinner.

• Options
    I'm not planning on doing one, and that doesn't make you a bad bride.  My fiancee isn't really into sweets so there are other things I can do related to the wedding that he will get more out of.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    My fiance has his own custom men's clothing business. His groom's cake is somehow going to incorporate a nice suit and tie look. We haven't decided if we're going to have it at the rehearsal or the reception yet.
    ~almost Mrs. Reese~
  • Options
    My fiance loves chocolate so his is just going to be a chocolate cake.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I've seen grooms who are really into ice cream have a small ice cream bar. I went to a very nice wedding last year that didn't have a groom's cake just because 'they didn't really care to have one.' There are lots of alternatives, including a candy bar or chocolate fountain, also.
  • Options
    FI is getting a nifty comic book superhero cake at the rehearsal dinner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am doing a Red Sox one for the rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    There is a really cool idea called Beer Cupcakes on www.goodiesforgifts.com from a company in Chicago. You might want to check these out if you are looking for something truly unique!
  • Options
    My FI is getting a plain cheesecake it's his favorite. We will probably have it for the rehersal dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards