Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

"Candy" Bar twist

So I was thinking of doing a candy bar with a twist... our wedding is later in the night so dinner will not be over til 830-9 and were dancing til 1130 then a group of us are "classy" bar hopping in all our wedding glory.... sooo my thought was to add junk food to the candy bar i.e chips, pretzels, nuts, etc in addition to candy.... thoughts? the candy bar would be set up from 930 til 11 so we could all have a snack before we leave the venue for more fun.... is this a good idea?
~Soon to be Mrs. Medeiros~

Re: "Candy" Bar twist

• Options
    I met a vendor at a bridal show who offered this sort of thing -- pretzels, cheesy snack mixes, trail mix, goldfish crackers, granola, etc. in addition to a variety of candy for a favor bar.  I think it's a great idea; I love the combination of sweet and salty, and that way you have options available for those who may prefer salty, may need to stay away from a lot of sugar, etc.
  • Options
    I went to one last year where they had pretzels, goldfish crackers and a Chex mix in addition to M&Ms and puppy chow (probably a couple other things too, but I know I ate that stuff!) We loved it!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It would make a great Trail Mix.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_candy-bar-twist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:5c42899e-4001-4454-b154-a59d316d1521Post:05df9200-b467-465b-a17e-51356347e209">Re: "Candy" Bar twist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to one last year where they had pretzels, goldfish crackers and a Chex mix in addition to M&Ms and<strong> puppy chow </strong>(probably a couple other things too, but I know I ate that stuff!) We loved it!
    Posted by coopsbaby[/QUOTE]<div>
    Puppy chow?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_candy-bar-twist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:5c42899e-4001-4454-b154-a59d316d1521Post:b59be6de-45c5-4730-981a-cc181c49a8a4">Re: "Candy" Bar twist</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Candy" Bar twist : Puppy chow?
    Posted by PJSPJS[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Sorry, most people call them Muddy buddies. It's local thing I think to call it puppy chow!</div>
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!  Puppy chow!  I would probably eat it all and get powdered sugar all over my dress!  We are having dried fruit, choco covered pretzels and pistachios in addition to some candy for ours.  I say go for it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards