Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake and punch reception

I am thinking of doing this for my reception since there is family drama and short and sweet would be best. Anyone have this reception? Can anyone point me to some photos or a bio? I have searched and really haven't come up with much other than people suggesting this type of reception. TIA!

Re: Cake and punch reception

• futureSkyeGuyfutureSkyeGuy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is what i am doing as well. i am doing it for budet reasons however. your cake will be food and decoration because it will be gorgeous and punch in your wedding color maybe.. i am having fruit and hopefully a candy buffet. dont really kmow of ony pics but as long as you have a pretty cake it should look marvelous.. however on my invites i am saying "deserts and dancing" instead of reception to follow so that my guests will understand we are not serving a full meal. BUT!!! in your case it seems you are doing this is pacify others and i must put my two cents and remind you that this is your day.. do what you want! mine and finaces families are divided and divorced and i have forewarned if they cannot be approprate and respectful for a couple of hours they can leave.. no reason in shortening your special time because of your family and fear they will make a scene.. hope this helps and good luck!
  • tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about doing a few nibbles too?  At my folks' wedding in 2002 (2/2/02) there was a table with the cake, a table with the punch & other drinks, a table with a veggie tray, a fruit tray,a cheese tray, & little finger sandwiches with the crusts cut off.  They were set up in a loose U shape with lots of room in between so there was no crowding.  It also provided places to go to when escaping Aunt Ida & Uncle Jerry.  GL
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've been to several.  I'm not sure what kind of ideas you're looking for, as these are really pretty basic.  Tables and chairs, you would still need tablecloths and centerpieces, although simple is fine.  Cake and punch set up on a table, a gift table if people in your area tend to bring gifts to the wedding, and some background music played over the sound system or a CD player.  If you wanted to make it a little more, you could add finger foods and have lemonade in pretty pitchers.

One I went to had centerpieces that were cylinder vases with a ribbon around each one, water and a floating candle in it, then rose petals and hershey's kisses scattered around the vase on the table. 

You could do floral centerpieces, although those always cost more.

These might help:

http://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=cake%20and%20punch%20wedding%20reception&safe=active

http://asweetsoiree.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards