Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

When To Do A Cake Tasting?

I'm an American moving to England in April.  My wedding is in October.   

I'm planning a trip to see FI in London in February.   We've already selected all our vendors.  I was very careful about the cake maker - I knew I wanted a STUNNING cake, and I found someone who can do it, based on her website, reviews, and references.   I went ahead and paid a deposit, though I haven't had a chance to taste the cake.  My question is, should FI and I go in Feb to do a cake tasting, or wait until April?  Does it matter?  How far out from your wedding date did you design your cake?   If it matters, we are having cupcakes, a four-tier wedding cake, and another gluten-free cake (and gluten-free cupcakes).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When To Do A Cake Tasting?

• Options
    I think April is plenty of time before.  You should probably ask the baker what their typical time line is.  
  • Options
    Since you already booked your wedding, the main reason for the tasting is to make sure you 1. like the cake and 2. know what flavors/filling you want.  It really shouldn't matter how close to the wedding the tasting is since the main reason to taste far out is to see if you want to book this person while they still have your date available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards