Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake flavors... too many choices!

We are doing cupcakes for our "wedding cake" and our baker suggests doing 3 flavors. We are trying to get a feel for what everyone would like, so please let us know what flavor you'd want to eat!

Re: Cake flavors... too many choices!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    These flavors sound really good, I want to sample them all!  However, I would say make sure you have a plain jane in there as one choice.  Some people don't want fancy shmancy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Personally, I'm anti doing anything plain or boring just to cater to picky eaters, but I do think it's important to do a balance of flavours. When will your wedding be? I'd choose differently based on the season.

If it's fall/winter:

triple chocolate
    peppermint patty
    coconut

Spring/summer
    Lemon
    Carrot
    German chocolate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many really good flavors! I would never be able to pick! If I were a guest, I would most likely pick the triple chocolate, red velvet, or peppermint patty. FI would go for the chocolate peanut butter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for chocolate peanut butter cause I love that combination but I would also love the triple chocolate and the mocha. Carrot would be my last choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW - some yummy choices. I have to agree - have at least one plain vanilla or chocolate or something like that for those who may have food allergies or dont like to try something new or different.

We are also doing cupcakes - I am DIYing them, and going to have my MOH make our "cutting" cake on the top tier.  Each level will be a different flavor, and I will have each tier labeled so my guests know what they are eating.

Wishing you the best of luck narrowing down your 3 (sure that is all you can pick? LOL)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    at first glance it looks like a lot of choices, but half are chocolate based (red velvet has some chocolate in it). i feel like you should pick one of the cocolates and two of the others to keep from having an entirely chocolate wedding (unless you LOVE chocolate.. and who doesnt ;)).
    I personally LOVE lemon cake. if its a summer wedding the coconut lemon combo could be festive.
    But honestly, its your day, if you want banana, peppermint and peanutbutter chocolate... go for it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lemon and red velvet are two of my favorite... but I wouldn't know what to do either cause they all sound amazing to me
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing cup cakes but we have 6 cakes and for our flavors we're doing red velvet, strawberry & bavarion cream and a chocolate vanilla swirl!!! I'm super excited!!! The cupcake idea is super cute!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm probably not going to be helpful, because I like them ALL, but I'd probably pick peppermint patty or chocolate/peanut butter first because I really love those flavor combinations.

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    sexymandersexymander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my cousins did this for her wedding.  The flavors weren't nearly as elaborate.  She did chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and lemon.  Do you or your fiance have a favorite? I'd definately include something you both like, for instance if one of you like Reeses cups chocolate peanut butter would be a cute way to incorporate a love for the candy.  Other than that I say something for the season.  It would be nice during summer to have something more refreshing like lemon or coconut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards