Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Crowd Pleasers...

Hi ladies, March 12th bride here...I'm new to the board, but I believe that this is the right place to post my question.

My FI and I are planning to switch from our buffet plan to a plated meal. Our caterer is amazing, but she doesn't have a set list of all of our choices. She likes to customize meals with each couple. We want to have some idea of what we'd like when we have our next meeting with her.

We know that we want our guests to have a choice of a chicken entree or a fish entree. We have no vegetarians on our guest list that we are aware of (mostly close friends and family), but I am checking over the course of the next few weeks to be sure.

Can any of you suggest potential crowd pleasers for the types of entrees that we would like to serve? What did you have or what do you plan to serve?

Thanks in advance for your help!
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Crowd Pleasers...

• edited December 2011
    for the fish maybe salmon or ahi tuna, for the chicken, chicken marsala is pretty popular
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually doing the same thing...originally I wanted to do stations, but after seeing our reception site set up for about what we'll have I'm afraid it may get crowded. So I'm planning on doing a standing station and the rest plated.

I would also like to do a chicken and fish option (as I was going to have a grill station with both as well) in Key West flavors (we live in south Florida). We're doing Mahi Mahi because its one of the local specialities so as far as cost goes, much more affordable even for fish that may be cheaper elsewhere. I would suggest checking with your caterer to find out the prices on different fish options because they really do range in price.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the suggestions...they really help!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    eagles- I sent you a PM.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    We also had a sit down meal (we originally had a buffet style planned but changed it a few months out). We served two entrees, one chicken and one beef. We had chicken stuffed with feta & spinach and wrapped in bacon. The beef was a Mediterraean beef sirloin covered with tomatos and mushrooms. For the sides, we served red baby smashed potatos and a veggie medley (which was broccoli, zucchini and squash).
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_crowd-pleasers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:6bd38ac9-848b-480c-8a29-a372f21d6f1fPost:a6f21d2d-ecc2-448f-ac2b-efec8a425456">Re: Crowd Pleasers...</a>:
    [QUOTE]eagles- I sent you a PM.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

OMG! I got it and it was so helpful! I sent you a reply, but I sent it right away so I didn't mention the outcome. I sent several suggestions to my planner so that she and the caterer could come up with suggested entrees prior to our meeting this week. Thank you so much!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_crowd-pleasers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:6bd38ac9-848b-480c-8a29-a372f21d6f1fPost:6f2a2a54-356d-468b-963b-6e096869ffa3">Re: Crowd Pleasers...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also had a sit down meal (we originally had a buffet style planned but changed it a few months out). We served two entrees, one chicken and one beef. We had chicken stuffed with feta & spinach and wrapped in bacon. The beef was a Mediterraean beef sirloin covered with tomatos and mushrooms. For the sides, we served red baby smashed potatos and a veggie medley (which was broccoli, zucchini and squash).
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Your chicken entree has my mouth watering. Was it well-received?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As someone who's been a wedding guest at several weddings, I can say that anything that doesn't look like or taste like dog food is a crowd pleaser, lol! Seriously though, we just went to a wedding 4 months ago for some friends that had what they claimed was beef medallions and salmon florentine. It was all horrible! The beef medallions looked like someone opened up a can of beef dog food and cut it into slices (and tasted like it could have been), and the salmon was a greyish colour and tasted awful too. It sounds like your caterer is a lot better than that though. :P

As for our wedding, our caterer is doing a baked herb chicken breast with french herbs and spices. We're also having beef brisket with their in-house barbecue sauce. Good luck! :)
  • kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    caseyandlizzie Could you send me a copy of your ideas too. I am in the same boat as OP. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards