Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

what to serve...

So my wedding is going to be in the fall, outside, and about 125 guests. I was debating about food at the reception. Should I do buffet style or heavy hors d'oeuvres? Or should I be totally non traditional and go with BBQ catering, because it's what me and my man both love?

Re: what to serve...

• Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the formality of your wedding, BBQ should be fine. And depending when the reception is, you could do hors d'oeuvres. If your reception is after 8 then yes, if not, then no. I'm a fan of buffet style.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If BBQ fits the vibe of your wedding I think it would be great.
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you guys love BBQ and aren't having a super formal wedding... go for it!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for the BBQ!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_serve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:6f0d33ce-6515-4843-be9c-f4cbd24d5db1Post:da842b7e-fcfe-4b48-a020-4234629db626">Re: what to serve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depending on the formality of your wedding, BBQ should be fine. And depending when the reception is, you could do hors d'oeuvres. If your reception is after 8 then yes, if not, then no. I'm a fan of buffet style.
    Posted by stefwhitney[/QUOTE]
    This!

Love the BBQ idea. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards