Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Chocolate Fountain Q's

What do I need to look for when purchasing a chocolate fountain?
What are some good, in expensive things to use for dipping?
Have you used a carmel fountain before?
We are having a come and go wedding reception, with about 500 guests invited.
How much chocolate/carmel do we need?
How much dipping items per person would be enough?

Any other advice would be great too!
Thanks! :)

Re: Chocolate Fountain Q's

• Cass987Cass987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of companies that have chocolate fountains have great charts and stuff they use. Sometimes they will have full packages that include setup, dippers, tear down and cleaning. BEWARE - some of my friends hired a fountain for a party - they said it took longer to tear down and CLEAN the dang thing than the party itself!  So if possible, hire a package that includes them cleaning and dismantling it :-)

Marshmallows     *    Whole Fresh Strawberries

Freshly baked filled Profiteroles    *    Dates

Bananas   *   Fresh Pineapple   *   Grapes

Pretzels   *   Nougatine Fudge  *  Mini Donuts

Beware of companies that add/use vegi oil to the chocolate - it dilutes the chocolate but that means they use cheap and/or recycled cocolate.

http://www.chocolatefountainscotland.co.uk/prices.htm (realize these are prices in the UK and are usually hire than anywhere in the states - but the site has some good points, etc)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Ceremony Location - Scottish Castle

,p> save the date
  • edited December 2011
    I would advise against a Chocolate Fountain.  I used to work at a place that did bridal shows, and there would always be the Chocolate Fountain people there.  It makes a huge mess!  I ended up wanting to try one and I got chocolate all over the front of my clothes and had to spend the whole day at the show covered in chocolate.  It was horrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards