Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Is This Enough?

Hi everyone..........just looking for thoughts/opinions on our menu......

We are having a 5 pm ceremony, with the reception immediately following. Our ceremony and reception are at the same location.  We are not having alcohol, but are planning to have raw veggies and dip, and a selection of fresh fruit immediately following the ceremony......dinner will be served one hour after the ceremony ends, and one hour after that, our dessert bar will be open......the reception lasts approximately four hours after the dessert bar is available.

Our dinner menu features:

Rolls and butter
Salad
Salmon
Pork in a Mushroom Sauce
Beef Au Jus
Pasta (Marinara or Alfredo)
Potatoes
and Vegetables.

The dessert buffet contains:

Wedding cake (Banana, and White/Raspberry/Coconut)
Key Lime Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie
Coconut Cream Pie
Apple Pie
Cherry Pie
Frosted Brownies
Assorted Italian Goodies/ Pizzelles/Biscotti, Etc
Assorted Greek Goodies/ Baklava/Greek Cookies, Etc.
Scottish Shortbread
And Cheesecake with fresh berries and white chocolate

I am somewhat concerned that I should be offering something else after the dessert table.....but wonder if I'm just being paranoid, and people couldn't possibly be hungry after what we are serving.  I don't want to fall short in any way, so I thought I'd put this out there and see what you guys think.

TIA for your opinions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is This Enough?

• I think the menu looks good, but, I wouldn't wait an hour to serve dinner. Mingling and munching on fruit and vegetables would take up 30 minutes tops, then I'm afraid your guests will be hungry and not know what to do with themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    If anything I would take some of the desserts and turn them into apps for time after the ceremony.    I also think an hour is too long for just veggies/fruit and no alcohol.

** for the recored you do not need alcohol.  I just think that is too much time just to munch on veggies.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_is-this-enough-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:73da7eb0-0473-494c-b10d-0d5e1397344dPost:ce04df62-8b85-4301-9c67-97afddd9abd9">Re: Is This Enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If anything I would take some of the desserts and turn them into apps for time after the ceremony.    I also think an hour is too long for just veggies/fruit and no alcohol. ** for the recored you do not need alcohol.  that I think you I just think that is too much time just to munch on veggies.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]
    Exactly. Fruits & veggies aren't filling & gets really tiring after 15min. Forget about an hour. 
  • Thanks for the feedback, ladies. I just didn't feel comfortable with our plan, and obviously for good reason. I will adjust the timing accordingly.

I sincerely appreciate your input.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards