Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How many cupcakes per person?

We are doing cupcakes instead of regular cake. We are also serving tiramisu. Is one cupcake per person enough? I was thinking of doing one cupcake per person and then ordering a few dozen mini cupcakes as well. Is that too much?

Re: How many cupcakes per person?

• How many different flavors of cupcakes are you having?  Will the minis be different flavors as well?
  • If you can afford it, you should do 1.5 cupcakes per person. But 1 is probably fine if you have other desserts in addition to the cupcake. Your guests (I'm assuming) just ate dinner and have drinks, so they shouldn't be gorging on cupcakes.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:1bd8f922-350c-412d-8aea-3ea5cb95909c">How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing cupcakes instead of regular cake. We are also serving tiramisu. Is one cupcake per person enough? I was thinking of doing one cupcake per person and then ordering a few dozen mini cupcakes as well. Is that too much?
    Posted by SmallenForever[/QUOTE]

Anniversary

• We are offering several different flavors and yes, our guests will have just had dinner.
  • You should just do one, like if you were ordering cake, one slice per guest.  
  • My baker recommended only one cupcake per person.  We had 5 different flavors to choose from and we had equal amounts of each flavor.  Like with cake not everyone will eat their designated slice while others may eat two.  We ended up with a few cupcakes left over which we then provided to our guests (who were last to leave) to take home.

• I would do 1 per person per flavor for full sized cupcakes and 2-3 per person per flavor of minis
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:ffe1219e-3aaf-400e-a34d-aa5b5c028825">Re: How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do 1 per person per flavor for full sized cupcakes and 2-3 per person per flavor of minis
    Posted by leogirl13[/QUOTE]

That'd be four cupcakes per person. No one would eat that, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:3094379f-c3ea-49c1-8477-9d05370c183f">Re: How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My baker recommended only one cupcake per person.  We had 5 different flavors to choose from and we had equal amounts of each flavor.  Like with cake not everyone will eat their designated slice while others may eat two.  We ended up with a few cupcakes left over which we then provided to our guests (who were last to leave) to take home.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I think that's what I'll do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:ffe1219e-3aaf-400e-a34d-aa5b5c028825">Re: How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do 1 per person per flavor for full sized cupcakes and 2-3 per person per flavor of minis
    Posted by leogirl13[/QUOTE]

No, this would be ridiculous to do.  When bride and grooms have a wedding cake that has multiple flavors they don't provide enough of every flavor so that each guest can have a slice of each.

I think that as long as you provide enough cupcakes so that each guest can have one (no matter the flavor) then you should be fine.

• The more flavors you offer, the more people will eat :) My cousin had a wedding with 6 different cupcakes and they were so delicious that everyone had to sample multiple. I am sure most people there had two, even three.

My point is, the more variety the more likley they will get gobbled up (or sadly, tossed to the side so that they can try a different flavor).

I am limiitng our cupake variety to 3 different kinds...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:103df4bc-0836-4254-9915-e334b9e9bf4d">Re: How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The more flavors you offer, the more people will eat :) My cousin had a wedding with 6 different cupcakes and they were so delicious that everyone had to sample multiple. I am sure most people there had two, even three. My point is, the more variety the more likley they will get gobbled up (or sadly, tossed to the side so that they can try a different flavor). I am limiitng our cupake variety to 3 different kinds...
    Posted by bethgraczyk[/QUOTE]

<div>Where they big cupcakes or small? Ours are fairly big and I just can't imagine anyone being able to eat more than one or two. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cupcakes-per-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:754ed174-20cc-44db-8d64-33eec0e241aaPost:b5d487ef-c1d6-4021-ab59-6aeca047827c">Re: How many cupcakes per person?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many cupcakes per person? : Where they big cupcakes or small? Ours are fairly big and I just can't imagine anyone being able to eat more than one or two. 
    Posted by SmallenForever[/QUOTE]

I would say they were a standard size, like what you would see at a bakery. Not huge but they definitely weren't mini... Our table began cutting different flavors in half so we were able to sample different flavors. It was really fun!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards