Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Too Many Wedding Cake Choices!

Once I think I have found the perfect cake someone sends me another picture and I have to start all over again. I have picked out my favorite............ eight. I don't need 8 wedding cakes, I only need one. I really need help and my FI is no help, what so ever when it comes to this. And my friends and family can agree on anything to save their lives, so I'm pretty much going to leave it up to random strangers to help me.

*My wedding colors are Gold, Silver and Ivory

** All the toppers are going to be different. (I have that selected to 2 options.)

*** Sorry the image is too small, but if you click on it, it makes it bigger so you can see it :)

Please help me.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Too Many Wedding Cake Choices!

• Options
    It's kind of hard to see them, can't zoom in on them individually - could you perhaps post links to each one?

• Options
    The lady I have making the cake, I went to highschool with and she can make it how ever I want at a good price. I just need a style for her to go by. And I can't pick just 1.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_too-many-wedding-cake-choices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:797f8e30-477f-4a90-894a-71602233d475Post:88cf370f-bd41-4f9a-8668-d45f87b470ad">Re:Too Many Wedding Cake Choices!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which one tastes the best? I recommend finding a baker who does delicious cake that tastes exactly how you want and then narrowing style choices down based on their decorating talent and prices.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    You should look at what the elements are of all those cakes that you love. Is it the shape? The color? The piping? Once you narrow down the elements that stand out to you bring those to your baker and let them come up with a unique design that works within your budget. My baker is an old high school friend as well! I brought her pictures of different cakes with the elements that I liked and she sketched up a gorgeous cake that has everything we want including a layer that resembles my dress! Good luck.
  • Options
    I like the look of all of them except for C and H. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I chose G but I like E as well.  
  • Options
    I don't really care for C or F, and H looks rather precarious to me (I think I've seen too many episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos, lol).  If I had to pick one, it would probably be A (I like the "ribbon" effect).

I agree with Jordan:  decide what elements you like about each one and talk them over with your cake baker.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_too-many-wedding-cake-choices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:797f8e30-477f-4a90-894a-71602233d475Post:d1eb201a-c35d-4e6d-871f-0f8793673550">Re: Too Many Wedding Cake Choices!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should look at what the elements are of all those cakes that you love. Is it the shape? The color? The piping? Once you narrow down the elements that stand out to you bring those to your baker and let them come up with a unique design that works within your budget. Posted by JordanF13[/QUOTE]

This!

I do not like h. E looks like it is fondant and harder for the baker - so I would ask. Do you prefer one shape over the other? I wanted round to match my diamonds in my ring but ended up liking the way I could decorate offset squares. Then i got examples of piping I liked and gave that to the baker to pick what worked best. i did not get a sketch of my cake. i just trusted my baker.
  • Options

These were the three I picked out, and still really love.

However - ultimately what my fiance and I did was design our cake to be based upon a photograph we took while on a beach vacation.  The photo is of the ocean at sunrise, and we're having our cake (6 tiers) airbrushed in an ombre style of these colors and finished at the bottom with edible gold metallic frosting and brown sugar, with edible chocolate shells and starfish.  So, really, our cake takes aspects of all three of the above ideas and melds it into a whole new design.

Maybe you could do this?

Good luck!

P.S. I do not like the acrylic pillar design, for what it's worth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards