Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Is only offering one meat on a buffet tacky?

We are trying to save money...we are having hors dourves before the buffet dinner so I don't think people will be too hungry.  Would it be tacky to only serve one meat?  I've been to a wedding before where they did it and really didn't think much about it.  Just wanted some opinions!

Thanks!

Re: Is only offering one meat on a buffet tacky?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's tacky as long as there's enough variety of other stuff so that people are full.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like Kaesha said, as long as there are lots of different options other than meats, people would be happy! I'm a vegetarian, so I could care less about ANY meat, but which meat were you thinking of serving? I would go with a universal protein that most people enjoy like chicken!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as you have enough food for everyone and that it tastes good... then this is OK :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. As long as you have a variety of everything else, you should be fine!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/pps...especially on making the one meat be chicken!
  • Options
    peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not at all!  and as a vegetarian i would be thrilled :P  there are plenty of tasty foods out there and i doubt people will even miss it... if you do go with a meat, do something simple most people like like chicken... but you could just as easily skip it... maybe eggplant parm? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards