Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food Theme

I think I like the idea of food having a theme, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what foods to put in with the theme. I think I want to center the food around the beverages I want to have which are the old fashioned soda pop bottles. Any ideas would be helpful. I need to think of 2 main entrees, one side, 3 hors dourveres(sp?) and 2 desserts. Thank you !

Re: Food Theme

• LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you and your guests like to eat? Browse catering menus online and see what sounds good to you. Make sure the foods are familiar instead of fancy, otherwise people won't eat them.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes the theme is going to be vintage-y with modern as well(I have to add the modern for FI).Haha,  I like the idea of diner foods, I just hope my Fi likes it. Our wedding is not formal, it is in our backyard.. but my FI wants to keep it looking like a "wedding should". Thank you for the advice!
  • edited December 2011
    This is ADORABLE!  Please please convince your fiance!  :)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you are having it catered or not. But I've seen the green plastic Coke glasses at dollar stores.

You could have small hamburgers as an appetizer (around here we call them "sliders", ie like White Castle).

Get paper french fry cups to serve fries.

I've found some great websites while googling, restaurant supply stores, that sort of thing.

You might also be able to rent a "Coca-Cola" pushcart to put the beverages in. See this site: http://www.pushcarts.com/cart_rentals.html

I'm older, so I remember that people who worked in restaurants wore little white hats with a fold in the front & back. Rent "American Graffiti" and watch that for some inspiration.

It sounds great. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards