Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Can have beef at wedding, need help for alternatives

Dear all:
I won't be having beef at my wedding because of my fiancee's religious beliefs.  I can have another meat but don't know if there is anything widely liked (and savoured) for an entree option.  Please help me!

Re: Can have beef at wedding, need help for alternatives

• Do you not consider chicken to be meat, or are you looking for another option?  Other meats include lamb and pork, although I think chicken is the most universally popular, so you could have chicken plus one of those options (or a fish), or just chicken.  
  • I totally understand! My fiance is Hindu so they don't eat beef.  I wanted stations, and a typical station is a carving station.  My caterer had a great option of either a turkey carving station or a lamb carving station- we're going with the lamb.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're considering being the first wedding ever [joke] to serve chopped (chicken) liver and ham (not together). Ham (and pork generally) are not usually recommended, as some people will eat most other domestic warm-blooded animals, but not pigs, but our guests all do eat ham.
  • Chicken or turkey are probably your safest options.  What about a pasta option?
  • I did an entirely vegetarian wedding, and aside from hors d'oeuvres, salad, soup and dessert, we had a choice of various pasta dishes. I loved the mushroom ravioli with rosemary butter sauce.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • You could go with chicken and/or fish, or just chicken, or go vegetarian. If you're having a carving station, I agree that turkey would be best.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards