Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cakes as Centerpieces?

Has anyone done this?
What did it run you per cake?
What flavors / pattern were your cakes?

I only need 5-6 since we are having a small wedding and I want to see if I am not just getting charged crazy amounts 1. because of being a small event and 2. becuase they can lol

Re: Cakes as Centerpieces?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check on your local board, as prices tend to vary from area to area. How many people are you hoping to serve with each cake?
  • Options
    MrsJPalamarMrsJPalamar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are seating 6-10 per table, so far my quotes have varried a lot. I have also been told a 4x6 layer 2 tier serves 10 from one baker and 18 from another.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check with a specialty grocer too. We are having a small tiered wedding cake, and then doing small round cakes in all different flavors around the actual wedding cake. They are charging us the same as they would for round birthday cakes for the smaller cakes, which would work as center pieces.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd lean more toward about 12 people myself with that size. Out of curiousity, how are you planning on serving this to your guests?
  • Options
    MrsJPalamarMrsJPalamar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The location will be cutting it to searve to guests. Thankfully with only 30 guests it should not be too difficult and shouldn't be too time consuming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards