Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Please Help Me Choose My Main Courses

2»

Re: Please Help Me Choose My Main Courses

• tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chicken cordon bleu, if the chicken is pounded thin.
    How about a salmon roulade?  Maybe with spinach & cream cheese?
    Prime rib, definitely!
    These 3 options can all be baked & plated very easily which means everybody gets served hot food at the same time.

• tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Chicken Francaise

Stuffed shrimp

prime rib

Just ditto what the other people said about the prime rib -- it can be dicey because its often served medium rare.

Married 4/30/11
  • edited December 2011
    Chicken Florentine or Game Hens if you want to up the antee! yum!

For fish, I really think salmon is a boring and expected option.  Go for the Swordfish for people who actually like fish.  Also the shrimp sounds delicious, but $$. 

Filet Mignon definitely! It is classy and classic - satisfies the meat and potatoes as well as those in search of decadence.  

Also, if you are worried about pollutants in fish, that is something to look into for any kind you choose - farmed salmon can be iffy too.  Beef for that matter is also very suspect when it comes to BGH and antibiotics and stuff.  If you're really invested in that issue look into organic and fresh caught options.

For the vegetarian option I would steer away from a mostly pasta dish because it feels cheap.  Do something as equally classy, like a summer vegetable curry or beet ravioli with a pine nuts and rosemary sauce, or moussaka, or eggplant steaks with a mushroom ragout.  just some ideas...
  • cheyanna13cheyanna13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chicken Francaise - sautéed chicken finished with a white wine sauce with butter and lemon $55.00

Salmon will Dill - poached or grilled in a court bouillon with lemon, draped in a creamy dill sauce over rice $62.00

Filet Mignon - broiled with fresh mushroom demiglaze $68.00
  • cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chicken Florentine
    Baked Stuffed Shrimp
    Prime Rib

My biggest concern is that I will not eat food with any kind of alcohol glaze.  I'm in recovery, so the taste is bothersome even if the alcohol has been cooked out. 

And I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms either - I love the taste, but it gives me stomach issues, which is not what I would want for a wedding dinner before dancing.

I like shrimp, it's a seafood that sits more lightly than other kinds of fish, so that makes it easier to select.

I would probably go with Chicken Florentine anyway.  Delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards