Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Pops-Pricing?

Hello Knotties,
We are having cake pops at our wedding, a friend is making them for us and she wont chage me.  I want to pay her for her service, she want's it to be a wedding gift.  I'm not accepting that, so what should I pay her?

150-200 cake pops, three flavors each individually wrapped.

Thanks Knotties.

Re: Cake Pops-Pricing?

• I did a quick google search of cake pop prices and an average of $2.25/pop was coming up.  Since cake pops are a lot of work (I have made them myself many times) I would pay her probably a $1 a pop.  I say a $1 because even though you want to give her compensation for her services she wants it to be a gift so I figure cutting it down the middle would be a good compromise.

• I was going to say the same thing, $1 per pop.
    I will say, I had a friend who owns her own cake business do our cakes, and she wanted to charge us SOMETHING because she said knowing there's money involved makes her work a little harder. Sounds harsh, but it totally makes sense.
    I didn't even mind at all, because she cut me a great deal and didn't do delivery fees.
  • I made these for my daughter's graduation party. They are not hard, but they are detailed.

My question would be whether you think she is going to be insulted because you offer anything? If this is her "gift" to you, is your payment going to be refused?

Instead of cash, I'd probably give her a nice giftcard, maybe $50-$100 for a restaurant she enjoys, or a store where she likes to shop. That way it seems less like payment and more of a "quid-pro-quo" exchange of appreciation. Giving her a nice handwritten note of thanks with the gift card would become something she would treasure.
  • Thank you everyone these are great suggestions!

Amy Jo

• Best way to thank her is a hand written note and a gift. If I were in your shoes, I would buy her something that she likes they have things called "of the month" clubs with a variety of things to choose from magazines, coffee, chocolates, wine, dinner, cheese, etc. As a thank you to my MOH she has helped way more than I could have ever thanked her for, I scheduled and paid for a surprise massage for her when she visited for "wedding related activities."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards