Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Salad dressing

We have to choose 2 salad dressings and we're having trouble with this decision.  My fiance likes thousand island and I like french.  Do we just pick the 2 we like or choose something like ranch that would appeal to the masses?  Tell me your opinions.

Re: Salad dressing

• Options
    megilbmegilb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    French and Thousand Island are both kinda similar and are both creamy....I would pick one and then do an italian or balsamic vinagrette.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I went to a wedding and these were my choices, I personally wouldn't have salad.  I would pick at least one that is more standard, like Italian.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd do one creamy and one oil and vinegar too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like others have said if you can you're probably safer with an Italian or balsamic type of dressing
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_salad-dressing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:9c41d927-ced5-404f-ac45-af1bb59b2f31Post:df5bc792-b528-4d35-92ab-b95f87d257fb">Salad dressing</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have to choose 2 salad dressings and we're having trouble with this decision.  My fiance likes thousand island and I like french.  Do we just pick the 2 we like or choose something like ranch that would appeal to the masses?  Tell me your opinions.
    Posted by brolee[/QUOTE]

Those are really very similar...
    I would say, choose one of those, then pick some sort of oil and vinegar-type dressing. Even Balsamic Vinegar.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW we're doing caesar and balsamic vinaigrette.  I'd also skip the salad if all that were offered was creamy.

Champagne vinaigrette is also very good if you want something a little different.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards