Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vendor meals

I've been reviewing my vendor contracts and whereas the contracts of vendors who will be present for the whole wedding (officiant, photographer, coordinator) specify that they need a meal, the band's contract does not state that they need a meal. The band will be performing from 8 pm until midnight. I do know the lead singer of the band (but I am paying full price, as the band is employed by an agency). Would it be rude not to feed them before they perform? Or can I leave them off my feed-list since they will be performing in the evening (and would need to arrive early to eat)?

Re: Vendor meals

• I'd call or email the agency and clarify.  It's quite possible the band will eat before they arrive and not need a full meal.  At the same time, I can see it being appropriate and nice that you provide something for them over a break - maybe a full meal, maybe a lighter plate. If you feel comfortable, you could also ask the singer what they prefer.
    Anniversary

• Call them and see if they want to eat before or on a break.  Please feed them though- although contracts don't always state that they want a meal, it's hell going that long without food (I've been a wedding band singer before)

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_vendor-meals-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:9da06321-c22e-4133-b997-6238673231f6Post:f4698b86-49cf-49e0-9d89-a818e8b387eb">Vendor meals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been reviewing my vendor contracts and whereas the contracts of vendors who will be present for the whole wedding (officiant, photographer, coordinator) specify that they need a meal, the band's contract does not state that they need a meal. The band will be performing from 8 pm until midnight. I do know the lead singer of the band (but I am paying full price, as the band is employed by an agency). Would it be rude not to feed them before they perform? Or can I leave them off my feed-list since they will be performing in the evening (and would need to arrive early to eat)?
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

You can call to see if they need/want a meal.  When in doubt, it's always good to err on the side of providing a meal.  People usually perform best when they are taken care of (especially when it's not required or expected) and treated well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards