Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake toppers

Fi and I are finding it impossible to find the cake toppers we want. We want something super hero themed (and not just the grooms piece) AND interracial (i'm black, FI is white). We've tried to just find action figures but none of the recent super hero movies have had black female stars so there isn't much available.

Ideas?

edit: And YES, I have checked esty.

Re: Cake toppers

• You may have to find someone on Etsy who makes clay figurine toppers and get a quote on a custom cake topper.
    We had so many problems finding ones we liked that we just skipped it altogether.
  • Etsy has some really cute ones.  They can make what you want out of a picture of you two. Put you in the clothing you want etc.   I think you can also look up personalized or minime cake toppers.
  • It shouldn't be too hard to find a Storm figurine.  She's a pretty well known character.  
  • bunni727bunni727 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Storm should be easy to find, but if you are trying to avoid the white hair, I'd keep looking; try a comic book store or flea market-type place. Sometimes you can get really lucky with the action figures. I think I saw a Bumblebee on our last trip, and I know I've seen a Silhouette before.

How about  something a little less literal? You could do a pair of superhero masks and capes in your colors.

This etsy vendor does full customization, including race. They are super cute, but a little pricey. I'd probably make my own if I wanted something like this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-toppers-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:a64976ef-781c-48ec-9d45-9abb80c436dePost:08b8b1e1-2b32-49d1-88ce-f21f1716b2d5">Re:Cake toppers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you Marvel folks or DC people?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Both!
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-toppers-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:a64976ef-781c-48ec-9d45-9abb80c436dePost:c6ff0c41-bd84-43d8-8565-9ce7745c30e3">Re: Cake toppers</a>:
    [QUOTE]It shouldn't be too hard to find a Storm figurine.  She's a pretty well known character.  
    Posted by kerlan1[/QUOTE]

That's what we thought... the issue has been finding them of the same size! There isn't a lot in store as there hasn't been a recent x men movie and a lot of the comic book stores figurines are painted with lead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards