Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Entrée Choice

We're trying to break down the menu!  I think for FI's sake we're having beef tenderloin with a red wine au jus (he doesn't eat seafood), and for my seafood option we're undecided.  I think I have it narrowed down, so let us know your choice!

Also, any ideas on what to pair these entrée choices with for vegetables? 

Looking forward to your input!  TIA! :)

Re: Entrée Choice

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What does your venue or caterer offer with these choices?  Seems like they would have a seasonal offering or something that comes pre-determined by the chef, no?
  • Options
    shaylgshaylg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were told we can have ANYTHING we'd like.  They'll give us suggestions if we don't come up with anything, but this is the first we've thought about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest asparagus or green beans for a veggie choice. For a starch I'd suggest rice. HTH :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're thinking Chilean Sea Bass - that's quite endangered. So, my vote is for the halibut for sustainibility sake.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either fish could be served with a butter or cream sauce, with green beans or asparagus. If you are having a starch, I'd go with some sort of rice. My personal preference is Dirty Rice, a bit spicey, but some of your guests may not like it.

Good luck. You have a great menu to serve!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_entre-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:aa41ddc0-10f9-456f-afae-578d84c0ca0aPost:77cd38da-c81d-45ca-9b3d-517c820c68f5">Re: Entrée Choice</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're thinking Chilean Sea Bass - that's quite endangered. So, my vote is for the halibut for sustainibility sake.
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

^ This.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    shaylgshaylg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol!  Well I think we'd have both options with a butter sauce, tomatos and capers.  What about throwing swordfish into the mix?  Why is choosing a menu so difficult!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your caterer offer a Duet plate option. This saves on having to tally up how many beef and how many seafood. I've noticed it in a lot of weddings I have been apart of lately. 

You could do the beef tenderloin in the red wine au jus, and then the halibut in a white wine cream sauce with capers. To separate the two use your starch and veg. This way everyone will get a taste of everything! 
  • Options
    lyricweaverlyricweaver member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Halibut tastes awesome, and can't go wrong with wonderfully cooked asparagus :)
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Asparagus would be a good side.Or salad.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    agoldhammeragoldhammer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just be sure to double check about the source of the seafood. Also, request that it be fresh, not frozen. If you do decide on sea bass, be prepared for some guests to ask you and the servers where it is from and not eat it at all because of its endangered status.

With either of those fish, any vegetable side would do. Whoever is catering for you should really walk you through this. They usually come up with some great, creative dishes that you wouldn't otherwise have thought of.

And, if all else fails, risotto works with everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards