Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Boxes for dessert buffet

Our venue has told us that we need to provide boxes for our guests to take home leftovers from our dessert buffet. Anyone have any experience with this? I am unsure what size would be sufficient. Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Boxes for dessert buffet

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_boxes-for-dessert-buffet-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:ace617fc-2b20-40a5-9174-2f5add0f9d08Post:d60fe152-f95e-4c53-a490-3f4bddc99ba8">Boxes for dessert buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our venue has told us that we need to provide boxes for our guests to take home leftovers from our dessert buffet. Anyone have any experience with this? I am unsure what size would be sufficient. Thanks.
    Posted by megannie[/QUOTE]

<div>What is in your dessert buffet?  I wouldn't get anything too big.  I just googled and saw one that was about 4.5 inch square and about 2.5 inches tall.  If you are just having cookies, perhaps cellophane bags would be easier (no putting together boxes).</div>
  • They are going to wrap our leftover wedding cake We will also have assorted tortes,cheesecakes, petit fors, fruit tarts, eclairs and cream puffs, baklava, brownies, and fresh fruit
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Boxes for dessert buffet:[QUOTE]They are going to wrap our leftover wedding cake We will also have assorted tortes,cheesecakes, petit fors, fruit tarts, eclairs and cream puffs, baklava, brownies, and fresh fruit Posted by megannie[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! Ok, you may need slightly bigger boxes if you need to accommodate bigger desserts like cake slices. Sounds yummy!
  • I would check out oriental trading and other sites like that.  They seem to have a bunch of boxes and bags in different sizes.
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    check oriental trading or efavormart.com   ..... i forgot WHICH site I used, but I got ours from one of them!  we did plain black boxes that were 4x4x2 or soemthing like that.  They worked perfectly for a slice of cake and 4-6 cookies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards