Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Reception Food????

So we are having difficulty deciding on what will be on our menu. We don't have a lot of money to work with and are going for a very casual outdoor wedding. Ideas we have thought about are BBQ sandwiches, sliced beef sandwiches, philly cheese steaks but we aren't really heart-set on any of them. We want something easy and simple  and of course delicious so that everyone would enjoy. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Food????

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a sandwich bar is a great, cost effective idea and a good starting point. What if you added maybe fresh corn, and some salads to round out the meal? 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    I agree!  A sandwich bar and burger bar sounds great.  You could have all three of the meats you already mentioned and also include hamburger patties.  Have oodles of toppings and condiments at hand and then round everything out with some sides. 
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A casual outdoor wedding with sandwiches sounds like fun to me!  I'd make sure that you either provide a veggie-friendly sandwich (roasted veggies, caprese sandwich, veggie burgers) or enough sides (meat-free salads, hummus and veggies, cheese and crackers, pasta salad, etc.) that a vegetarian attending your reception would have enough to eat.  I'm not a red-meat eater, so BBQ sandwiches/cheese steak/beef sandwiches would leave me hungry!  Just something to think about to round out your menu!  Good luck and congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My only caution is the level of sauciness! As one who got vinaigrette on her dress, be careful of the mess factor!
  • edited December 2011
      One of my favorite weddings I've attended was a picnic in the couple's back yard. They had a local deli that's famous for their sandwiches cater. They had assorted breads, cheeses, meats, veggies and condiments. As well, they had pre-made sandwiches and a ton of different salads to choose from. It was all simple food, but very high quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards