Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

To cookie or not to cookie? That is the question.

I don't particularly care for the typical cake (i.e. wedding, birthday, special occasion) and I really don't like the fondant icing, which is the only kind that my FI enjoys. So, we were trying to think of something that we would both like. My family has frequently given/received cookie cakes in lieu of the traditional cakes so we thought this could be a great twist to the wedding cake.

We have come up with a personalized design for a three tier cookie cake that we can get our local great american cookie to bake and we'll assemble with basic cake tier supports. It will be cheaper, something we will enjoy and much more us.

We love the idea but we need objective opinions. So, what would your opinion be if you were at a wedding reception where there was a cookie cake instead of a traditional cake?
Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker

Re: To cookie or not to cookie? That is the question.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be totally cool with it as long as I got a piece of the cookie and it was delicious.
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds really cool! It would be something new and unique. Chocolate chip?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everybody gets some cookie!! :D

And yes, chocolate chip!!

I haven't been able to find a picture of cookie cake tiers anywhere, but here is a visual for reference for anyone that doesn't know what a cookie cake looks like. http://badgersportspark.com/parties/great-american-cookie-cake/

The bottom tier will be a rectangle and the top two will be circular. It will have our names(top), wedding date(middle), and "From this day forward" (bottom.)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it a large cookie each person gets? 'Cause usually I'd want two regular sized ones. One just isn't enough!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum! Great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cookie-not-cookie-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:df9b132b-b281-45f3-aa56-0af5915fd7efPost:b65a65cf-1106-4cad-971c-be1292d99648">Re: To cookie or not to cookie? That is the question.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it a large cookie each person gets? 'Cause usually I'd want two regular sized ones. One just isn't enough!
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

Actually it's the size of a cake and you slice it up like any other cake. The top tier is 12" diameter, the middle is 16" and the bottom is 16.5" x  44" (sheet cake style).

Edit: Corrected dimensions once they called me back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, if I'd traveled hours to be there and had to pay for a hotel room and bought a gift, I'd expect more than a piece of cookie for dessert.  They're fine for a kid's birthday party, but are they special enough for a wedding?
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i think it sounds fun! can i throw out an alternative, though? what about like a cookie tower? instead of big cookies that you cut, what if you had them layered on like cake stands? like people do with those donut towers that are becoming popular? you could do different flavors that way, which might also be a cool added twist.
    i think it's a great idea, and i'd love it if i went to a wedding like that! i love cake, too, but i think i'd be impressed with a different twist.

Anniversary image<br
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cookie-not-cookie-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:df9b132b-b281-45f3-aa56-0af5915fd7efPost:c7920a80-23bb-498a-9b7f-08b0102e21dd">Re: To cookie or not to cookie? That is the question.</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think it sounds fun! can i throw out an alternative, though? <strong>what about like a cookie tower</strong>? instead of big cookies that you cut, what if you had them layered on like cake stands? like people do with those donut towers that are becoming popular? you could do different flavors that way, which might also be a cool added twist. i think it's a great idea, and i'd love it if i went to a wedding like that! i love cake, too, but i think i'd be impressed with a different twist.
    Posted by lisab613[/QUOTE]

I like this idea better than the big cookie being cut idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards