Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Breakfast Wedding

We're having a brunch with breakfast heavy food. We dont eat pork or seafood. What are some breakfast favorites we should include?
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: Breakfast Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bacon, eggs, toast, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, hash browns...

You're lucky, our venue doesn't allow bbreakfast/brunch for weddings, otherwise I would've totally had a brunch.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pancakes, waffles, French toast, cinnamon rolls, quiche, granola and yogurt
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it the pork/seafood thing a religious thing or a personal preference/allergies thing? I really think breakfasts need meat and eggs to balance out the all the sweetness. If it's just personal preference you can serve sausage or bacon to your guests, or I guess you can always serve the turkey substitute ones. Or you could go with steak and eggs, although that would be pricier.

It also depends on how "brunchy" vs. "breakfasty" you're going to do it. Quiches are good savory options.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't eat pork or seafood, how about steak and eggs or turkey sausage?    You could do different types of frittata, sweet or savory crepes, quiche.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I find that the sugar overload that comes with traditional breakfast foods is best kept to a minimum for an elegant brunch. Also steer clear of eggs on their own, and go more upscale with quiches, stratas, baked tomatoes, sauté wild mushrooms, potato pancakes, Think mimosas and bloody marys (or Caesars!) to drink. Serve fresh rolls with locally produced jam and flavoured butters. Herbed turkey sausages are a great option to throw in too. Don't forget some fresh fruit - either in something like an ambrosia or as huge hunks.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love pancakes, cinnamon rolls, omelets, toast, bagels, hashbrowns
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    French toast, mimosas!!, muffins and other pastries, could you have an omlette station?
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    is a cereal station too tacky? because i think it would be a lot of fun, personally.

I like the idea of bagels with all the fixings... different cream cheeses, lox, fresh tomatoes...

If it isn't a religious thing, you can have bacon and canadian bacon and oooh what's that thing called with the english muffin, Canadian bacon, poached egg and hollandaise sauce? That stuff is delicious....

Anyway, I would suggest having something other than egg and egg-like products there for those who have cholesterol issues. How about whitefish or tuna salad? Lox? I think I already mentioned that one in my bagel vent lol...

ETA: I know you don't eat seafood, but your guests might appreciate something other than eggs and heavy carbs. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing a breakfast theme as well.. however, Pork is definately on the menu... because I grew up on a farm. Egg Casseroles with veges and other meat choices like turkey bacon, Chicken Sausage or hearty vegetables like egg plant always go well!
    True Love Knows No Bounds... Bryn
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a little southern flair you could do grillades (basically stewed beef or veal in a spicy brown sauce) over cheese grits.  YUM!
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever seen a waffle station? whipped cream, fruit, chocolate chips. You could do the same with crepes. Sweet and/or savoury fillings.
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Great suggestions!!!

A little background our wedding has a guest list of 320 assuming 250 will come (w/40 kids who will be in a separate room)

1) the pork and seafood are religious reasons and maybe 50% dont eat any type of meat  ,  some will not eat any food prepared in a kitchen that has prepared pork so I just nixed those products all together.all turkey products put us over our per guest $ so the  chicken sausage  is a good idea, maybe it'll be cheaper

2) we want breakfast heavy food because it offers more options at a cheaper price

3) we cut out the omlette stations because between chefs for all stations it cost

way too much

Our menu so far:

Hors D.:
    - mini quiche
    - strawberries piped with creamcheese
    -pastelitos w/guava n cheese

Brunch:
    Fresh fruit
    crossaints
    stuffed french toast
    egg fritatas
    breakfast potatoes
    House salad
    pasta selection

Alcohol-
    Mimosas
    Bloody Marys
    Poinsettas
    Moonshine ( non -alcoholic)
    Mint Juleps
    (1920's Harlem renaissance theme)

OR

we nix the lunch options and have omlette stations

I think I'm going to look into the cereal bar because that sounds super cute!!!!

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You could also do a great fancy cheese display, with the appropriate starch and fruit accompaniments.  There's also all-beef sausages, or some grilled chicken or beef skewers (asian style?). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I look at your menu I only see 2 items that jump out as "lunch" items:
    House salad
    pasta selection

In my opinion, I think they will look out of place since there is so few choices compared to the breakfast selection.  As a result, I would cut them from your list and have an omlet station instead.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mimosas!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_breakfast-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:e07d4d40-7d46-4b26-bb69-9881f8fb9d9dPost:368691f4-7fc9-43d7-a08f-7d7417b0291c">Re: Breakfast Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I look at your menu I only see 2 items that jump out as "lunch" items: House salad pasta selection In my opinion, I think they will look out of place since there is so few choices compared to the breakfast selection.  As a result, I would cut them from your list and have an omlet station instead.
    Posted by cai0311[/QUOTE]
    This is what I think, too.

If you'd be getting rid of the pasta and salad, which look completely out of place on a breakfast/brunch menu, and have an omelette station, instead, that would be awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards