Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Specialty drink recipe

Hi All! My fiance and I would like to provide our guests with beer, wine, and a specialty mixed drink at our wedding. Does anyone have some good suggestions/ideas for a specialty drink? I had the most amazing fruity sake-tini at a restaurant the other night, and I'm kicking myself for not asking what was in the drink! Anyway, there's not real theme, so let the ideas fly! Thank you for your help!

Re: Specialty drink recipe

• Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just try googling signature cocktails.  That's how we found our Autumn Eve Martini.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try going to the restaurant's website and see if it says what's in it in their online menu, then play around with the proportions.  Martinis usually have 1 1/2 shots of vodka/gin, then 1/4-1/2 shots of other juices/liqueurs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_specialty-drink-recipe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:e9a04b0b-3cf1-4c6d-9ec0-75c8e8702ba6Post:e146ec10-2f5a-4b8a-9ea3-f5af34a36351">Re: Specialty drink recipe</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Martinis usually have 1 1/2 shots of vodka/gin, then 1/4-1/2 shots of other juices/liqueurs.
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]

That is probably why I don't like martinis :) I had no idea that was the typical ratio.

Do you have particular flavors you like?  That is how I am deciding on our "her" signature drink. I really like lemonade or pineapple based drinks so we are going to incorportate that. Plus one of our colors is yellow :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a pear-ginger saketini that was just amazing! Pear juice, ginger vodka and sake. YUM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the feedback! You all are awesome! :) I like the idea of having "his" and "her" specialty drinks. my fiance isn't not really into the fruity martinis :) I tried looking on the restaurant's website, but they do not have their drinks listed. Guess I'm just going to have to do some "experiments" to find the right proportions :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards