Virginia
Options

Help! Need Reception Venue ideas for NOVA area

We JUST got engaged a few days ago and are both from NY State.  We have lived here the past few years and would like to get married in the Northern VA/DC area...Any ideas for reception venues?  We're trying not to break the bank but still want a nice place :0)...help!

Re: Help! Need Reception Venue ideas for NOVA area

• Options
    PrincssGSPrincssGS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  We're holding both our ceremony and reception at the Fort Belvoir Officers Club, which is in Fort Belvoir, obviously :)  You would need to be sponsored though so not sure if that'd work for you.  The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton is absolutely gorgeous, but didn't fit our needs

Try searching on northernvirginiaweddings.com, virginiaweddingstoday.com, and nova.allweddings.com

They all have searches where you can find various venues (hotels, plantations, banquet halls, etc).  Also, if it's a smaller wedding, the Fairfax County Parks n Rec department rent out historical buildings in the area, and a portion of the payment is tax deductable (though most only fit around 50 max)
  • Options
    rmichalakrmichalak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're also having our reception at Fort Belvoir. Like the other post said, there are A LOT of historical houses that allow receptions. I've seen Whitehall Manor and Foxchase Manor, both are very nice. Leeseburg area has a lot of houses and wineries. If you want city you will be paying a lot more, but there are still nice houses and hotel ballrooms.

Rebecca & Matt...June 26, 2010 My Bio
  • Options
    JBENISHJBENISH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Airlie Center in Warrenton VA - it is spectaular. The wedding is ourdoors in a garden and the reception is in an beautiful wood pavillian in the center or the garden - may be worth checking out.

www.airlie.com
  • Options
    MyMrWMyMrW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Old Hickory Golf Club. It has a beautiful view. Stonewall Golf Club, and Bristow Manor were at the top of my list as well. All were affordable, but I fell in love with Old Hickory and the coordinator there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards