Virginia

Food Truck

Has anyone seen food trucks at any local weddings? I've heard of Carpe Donut but I'm thinking more like sliders or tacos. Just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts, and of course, if anyone knows how much it costs!!!

Re: Food Truck

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't lived in Cville for a while, so I have no idea about food trucks -- but I'm very interested to hear what other people suggest:-)
    DSC_9275
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are other food trucks here...

Nacho Panda  <--- Mexican & Asian
    Steak Me Home Tonight
    Got Dumplings
    Last Call Dogs \
    Ka-Pow
    Feast (don't know how much their truck is out)

Websites:
    https://www.facebook.com/NachoPandaTruck
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Got-Dumplings/147835531971098?sk=wall
    http://lastcalldogs.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/feastvirginia
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Claire! Good picks! I'll check up on them and report back. Thanks!
  • KAB05009KAB05009 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sassy,

I think we are planning very similar wedding - KFV with the same price range. I am having a hard time staying within my budget and would love to hear some of your thoughts/vendors! Unfortunately, I'm unable to PM you for some reason!

K
  • edited December 2011
    sassy & KAB -- I'm getting married at King Family next month (eek!) Obviously I'm in the same planning boat as you guys now, but if you have any questions for me after the big day please let me know! I'm more than happy to pass along tips and observations! Feel free to email me (laf3g@virginia.edu) since I don't check my PM very much on here.
    Good luck with your planning!
    edited December 2011
    KAB--I don't know why you can't PM me-I can't PM other people either..
    I'm having a hard time with the budget too--I haven't done much except book the venue, but I've been price shopping for sure. 
    Of course, the most expensive part is the food. KFV requires a licensed caterer to provide food and serve alcohol, so that means no self-catering.
    How I'm planning on cutting some of the costs are:
    my FI's brother in law has a producing studio in Cville and has all the mics and speakers for the ceremony. He also will play the guitar for the procession and while guests are filing in. (I haven't asked him quite yet...) ;)
    My MOH is sewing the BMs dresses.. just paying for fabric..
    My FMIL is doing the flowers, and has been for about 20 years. I want to include fresh herbs in our bouquets (who doesn't love the smell of fresh basil?) which I am planning to grow.
    My FMIL is also a chef and would like to provide the food for the wedding also. (She is a licensed caterer through her job).Here is the dilemma-I want her to enjoy herself! I don't want her in the kitchen! So, I'm trying to figure out a way that we could possibly do all the apps, salads, soups, sides , and dessert (minus cake) and hire someone for the meat and the service of the food.
    It may be nuts but I'm going to try to buy all of the linens and place settings..We'll see how it goes. After checking Festive Fare's website I got turned off by the prices per item...50 a fork here 1.00 a plate there and you've spent 2k.I figure if I buy it, at least I'll own it and can possibly re-sell it. But that's a ton of work..
    I'm going to try to find a dress at Church Street Bridal which donates the proceeds to charity.
    I'm just glad that the wedding is a year away so I can plan and budget this accordingly. I also am not afraid to ask friends and family for assistance. If you know a hairdresser ask for wedding hair-if you know a baker ask for a cake! In this time and economy some people would rather offer their talents than a wedding gift from a registry.
    Anyway, I'll keep you posted when I actually get some more done with costs and vendors.

• CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Cville brides: I worked with a couple other girls to put a bunch of vendor info into one, big document.   Two of us have pretty time intensive jobs and we didn't have time to sit through a one hour meeting with a vendor just to get their price list (why oh why don't all vendors just put info on their websites).

Anyway, I would be happy to share the document and add your opinions about venues and vendors.  I feel like the wedding industry in our town is really tight, but the brides don't have a resource for getting good information.
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome Claire. I agree-why isn't there more prices on the internet..I own a business in Richmond and can't be meeting everyone during the week for their spiel. I have mostly venue pricing but would be happy to contribute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards