Virginia
Options

This board is dead

This board seems like it needs some action... soooooooooooo Where is everyone going on their honeymoon??

Re: This board is dead

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Already took it, buuuuuut...   We went on a Southern Caribbean cruise to Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten & St. Croix.It went by far too quickly!
  • Options
    Stormy8881Stormy8881 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hm, sadly we were going to skip our honeymoon and use the money for a down payment on a house. Now the house thing is on hold and we still might not do anything. Maybe go to Disneyworld? My family has a timeshare near there we could use.....I wanted to go to the Dominican Republic, but it makes sense to save the money for a house.....damn responsible future husband haha....
    Also known as esmid001
    Met 12/31/05 * Engaged 12/31/08 * Married 12/31/09

Planning Bio My Married Bio Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, this board is always so quiet! We're going to Hawaii!!  Maui and the Big Island for ten days.  I'm so excited.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to go all over Italy (Rome, Venice, Florance and around the Tuscany wine region) though we have not booked anything yet.  Costco seems to have some really great travel deals, and has a trip that matches almost exactly what we want to do.I agree, this board does need some more action  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also agree that this bored is dead. It is always so quite on here, thansk for giving us soemthign to talk about.]My parents are sending us on a 6 day Carribean cruise leaving from FL. We plan to stay in FL for a couple extra days as well, just to enjoy the different scenery while we have the chance.
  • Options
    semartinpasemartinpa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ireland!  We leave the day after the wedding and will be there for two weeks!  My fiance is Irish, so he is super excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Playa Mujeres, Mexico to the Excellence Resort. It looks amazing, and it has gotten rave reviews. I booked direct flights, a VIP room, and it's all inclusive...for under 3K. I'm so proud of myself for waiting for the price to drop before booking about a month ago! I just looked today and the price has gone up over a thousand bucks.Happy honeymoons, everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Negril, Jamaica and staying at the Couples resort. Hopefully we will have an amazing time!
  • Options
    emdashemdash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Somewhere in Europe. We're thinking about going to Switzerland, Austria, and the Czech Republic. I can't wait =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going on a 9 day southern caribbean cruise to St. marteen, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. First cruise for future hubby and I've never been to these specific islands, so we are super excited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided yet. We both thought about Italy because we want to eat our way through the country. Anywhere we go will involve food, my fiancee is a chef. Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    pinktimbspinktimbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not taking one, really.We both really want a house, so we're planning on putting the majority of our money towards a down payment. We are going to spend our wedding night in a really nice B&B in the historical area, and we might make a day-trip to colonial Williamsburg (my fave!), but that's about it. :)When we talked about it, we agreed to go on vacation somewhere to celebrate our 1st anniversary, though.
    We're married, woo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister is letting us use their timeshare week next year, so we're hoping to be able to go to New York. I've always wanted to visit, and he hasn't been since he was eight. We're going to see Phantom on Broadway and go to the New York City Ballet (we're both dance instructors and actors).Has anyone registered on a honeymoon registry site? What did your guests think of that idea?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are taking a nine day cruise to the eastern Caribbean :) CANT WAIT! Neither one of us has been on a cruise before so it is super exciting! I looked up registering on the cruise site but I was disappointed that you couldn't register for excursions like snorkeling, diving etc...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thebarefootbride - I think that we are goign to register for our honeymoon on honeyfund.com.  It is free, and you can put anythign you want on there, like "Gelato for two" or your guets can even fill in the blank to give you ideas of what to do on your honeymoon.Everyone I have talked to has really liked the idea, even grandparents!  We can afford the honeymoon ourselves, but we have enough stuff, and a nice trip is what we want most.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, no idea how that ended up being in bold.  I must have hit something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards