Virginia

photography struggles in Hampton Roads

Hi!I am getting married in Hampton, VA on May 30, 2010 :) I need some help with photography... My wedding is on a budget but pictures are sooo important. I have a photographer that is reserved for $1200 including 7 hours day-of, engagement shoot, bridal shoot, AND a day after shoot, the rights to all the pictures, and a CD with them on it (which I think is an amazing price...) the problem is her photos really are not that great (they are not terrible but not great either...). i am nervous that I won't like the pictures. A couple questions: what are you paying for photography? and do you have any recommendations in the area? i am looking for a photographer that gives you the rights to the pictures and just gives you a CD with all the pictures on them.

Re: photography struggles in Hampton Roads

• edited December 2011
    Hi I used Rebecca Keeling Studios out of Suffolk. I don't know what your looking for in photographers but I liked my pictures and she was reasonably priced. The CD was included in the package. If I remember correctly shes $150 an hour, and she has packages. Good Luck :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely recommend Waterside Photography. They are 2 very amazing ladies and you'll receive the copyright release. They are slightly more expensive than your original, but you get a credit towards buying prints. Check them out at watersidephotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am using brian callen of 33 photography.. he is awesome from what I have seen and well in line with what you have for a price point now, if not less...    http://www.myspace.com/capital_b_photo to see his stuffthirtythreephoto@yahoo.com   to contact him...  he has been so patient and kind with me and my fiance' thus far : )
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!! I am looking into these!
  • anastasia80anastasia80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saralynn, definitely check out Ferry Huang Photography:http://www.ferrybong.comI know he travels to different states in the U.S., he's located in Washington, DC which is not that far from Hampton Roads, so I'm sure he'll travel to your place.  He's got good pricing, and he gives you the right to print your pictures.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    valerie demo photography! I can't give her high enough praise! SHE was amazing, the pictures were GREAT, and the prices are really good. Check her out!
  • MytayniMytayni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Do you have any information on the photographer you're using? I'm doing some research of my own for a Yorktown, VA wedding in March. I figured it's worth a shot to at least check it out. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards