Virginia
Options

Astro DJ? Musical Memories?

I was wondering if anyone has used Astro DJ? They seem to have a large establishment here. When I mentioned them to my cake lady she seemed to think Astro DJs as a whole are rather too "hammy" ...Have you found that to be true? The cake lady recommended Musical Memories...has anyone used him?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Astro DJ? Musical Memories?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "Large establishment" basically means you don't know what you'll get until you get it.  Avoid them at all costs.  I've heard nothing but bad news about Astro.  I've never heard of Musical Memories, but we used DJ on the Side (Ryan was our DJ).  They were helpful, professional and extremely easy to work with.  They even have a great website where you pick and choose your exact music for every part of the reception and it's saved in your profile.  Ryan ran our reception beautifully without being one of those annoying, interruptive emcees.  Loved everything about them!
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH MY GOSH!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! So excited! Trevor called me back in something like 10 minutes (at 5:34)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who's Trevor?  What company did you go with?
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited December 2011
    DJ on the Side. Trevor responded to the phone call. We haven't decided which one to go with...but seriously thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Astro is terrible.  I've been to a lot of weddings and every time the DJ has been bad, it has been Astro.  Avoid them!
  • Options
    lmgicz12lmgicz12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just used Astro and we had an awesome experience - granted we picked out our own DJ who we had seen at another wedding, but it was an awesome and fun evening. We wanted a mix between classic wedding music and modern dance music, and it was perfect, we just loved it! People were out on the dance floor the entire night - young and old!
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input ladies, with 24 days til the big day we made the decision to go with DJs on the Side.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone heard of or used tidewater dj? Astro sent me their prices and I wasn't sure if the price range was appropriate...
  • Options
    Che_DominiqueChe_Dominique member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_astro-dj-musical-memories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:10459803Post:ffd1b257-ae2d-4c8e-986a-9436fdadf7ac">Re: Astro DJ? Musical Memories?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard of or used tidewater dj? Astro sent me their prices and I wasn't sure if the price range was appropriate...
    Posted by lmlee15[/QUOTE]

I used Tidewater DJ for my wedding.  They did an amazing job plus their price range was great for our budget.  They visited the site before the wedding and they set up meetings for you to review the music.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards