Virginia
Options

Need advice for reasonably priced venues in Northern VA

I just got engaged on Friday and am so excited.  We are looking into October 6, 2012 for our wedding. I am finishing up grad school so funds are tight, but we still want to have a large wedding due to our family size. 

Neither of us want to get married in a church, or a hotel.  My fiance' wants a historical building (but doesn't have to be that) and I am set on having an inside wedding - you never know how weather will be.  Anyone find any reasonably priced locations that they would recommend.  Some of them I'm looking at are 8K-9K, which may be typical, but I dont know and that seems way outside of our budget.

Thanks for all of your help! :)

Re: Need advice for reasonably priced venues in Northern VA

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at Meadowlark Botanical Garden in Vienna, and it was really beautiful.  They have beautiful gardens, a nice patio for an outdoor ceremony, and a lovely atrium for receptions.  I have no idea of the price, but I assume it was reasonable (knowing my sister's financial situation).  

Otherwise, you could try a historic home B&B, museum, etc.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Meadowlark Botanical Garden in Vienna is about $8-9k if I remember correctly. But it is BBBBEAUTIFUL!

Some historical sites FI and I checked out were:
    Morven Park
    Merriweather Manor
    Raspberry Plain

I think the lowest rental price was Morven Park (These are all sites in Leesburg btw). But that is a place where they just provide the site, you'll need to rent everything else.

How large is your guest list? I think Morven Park had some $3-4k rental options for smaller groups. (<100?)

GL!
  • Options
    Ah yes, I just checked out Meadowlark's website, and the Friday rates are a bit lower:-)  Makes sense now.

Nicky, you might consider a Friday or Sunday wedding as these will generally cost significantly less anywhere you look.  Some places even have discounted winter rates. 
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_need-advice-reasonably-priced-venues-northern-va?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:1eecc1b9-da83-4a4f-94ef-6a5445ee82eePost:63a90996-2e08-4cdb-8595-3f8b6d365aaf">Re: Need advice for reasonably priced venues in Northern VA</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah yes, I just checked out Meadowlark's website, and the Friday rates are a bit lower:-)  Makes sense now. Nicky, you might consider a Friday or Sunday wedding as these will generally cost significantly less anywhere you look.  Some places even have discounted winter rates. 
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Yea Fridays and Sundays are offered at like half the price! Good point Avion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards