Virginia

Ocenfront churches

I'm back....

the information that was offered in my destination wedding...va beach post was very helpful and after following every lead that was offered I still do not have a place to get married.  So I'm on to plan B.  Are there any churches that are on the beach or very close to the beach?  If i could find a church close to the beach  I could get married on the beach and my guest could walk back to the church for the recpetion hoepfully this would cut down on expenses seeing has how most churches already have table, linens ect.  All advice is welcome.

Re: Ocenfront churches

• zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bayside Wedding Chapel in Virginia Beach
  • edited December 2011
    Star of the Sea Catholic Church is on Pacific Ave, 2 blocks from the beach. Not sure of their requirements if youre not a member of the church but it's beautiful. I shot a wedding there recently and was very impressed by the social hall, etc.
    Congrats!
  • srestainosrestaino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Simons by the Sea is in Sandbridge about a block from the beach, there are also a couple of other churches on the 3rd horizontal row of houses from the beach. St. Simons is the cutest thing. its kind of in the middle of everything, but it looks like its made of driftwood and its got a roof but no sides. it has pews and an alter and everything is made of wood. So you're covered if it rains, but it's still an outside wedding/church. It's not super fancy by any means, but it's simple and low key. It's right around the bend on the left hand side as you enter Sandbridge. The other churches in Sandbridge are more along the lines of regular nice churches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards